While barbecues, sports leagues, family vacations, days at the beach and nights out with friends are fun, keeping up with summer recreation while maintaining a steady work schedule can be challenging. And before we know it, we’ll be back into the busy fall grind, getting kids up and off to school, participating in clubs and civic groups that have been on summer hiatus, and yes, before we know it, planning for holidays!
“We like to tell ourselves that there will be a period of rest before the next big thing, but usually there isn’t,” says Collinson, a food science expert with a passion for health and fitness. “The truth is, most of us like having full and often fast-paced lives, even if we tend to get worn out more quickly as we get older.”
Don’t resort to caffeine and other stimulants for a temporary energy boost, Collinson says.“Replacing the nutrients that are depleted when you’re active is a much smarter way to maintain or increase your energy level, and many of those nutrients have long-term benefits as well,” says Collinson, who formulated a natural multivitamin beverage called Youth Infusion, (www.drinkyouthinfusion.com), to make it easier to get all the essential anti ageing food nutrients and minerals in one 6-ounce drink.
So whether you decide to inject these anti ageing food nutrients into your body via multivitamin drinks such as above or supplements, below is a list of those specific ingredients that have revitalizing powers to add a spring to your step and make you feel like a new person, every day! It’s easy to resort to coffee and energy drinks full of sugar and empty calories emotionally but they will not provide your body for what it’s craving for, that is real nutrients to help it function at it’s best.
• CoQ10 for that extra energy boost. Every cell in your body uses CoQ10 to produce energy, but your heart needs it the most. CoQ10 can help balance your blood pressure, and its powerful antioxidant properties help protect you against pre-mature aging.
• Arginine to help with your endurance during workouts and your daily routine. Arginine helps the cardiovascular system by assisting in nitric oxide production, making the arteries more elastic. It also supports the functioning of your hormones and immune system, helps kidneys remove the body’s waste and promotes wound healing.
• Theanine helps support better moods. Theanine is a calming extract of green tea. Clinical research indicates that it helps focus a distracted mind. To a lesser extent, theanine has also been shown to reduce anxiety.
• Resveratrol: a versatile antioxidant for general well-being and long-term peace of mind. Resveratrol promotes healthy circulation, prevents cholesterol oxidation and protects your entire cardiovascular system from the effects of dangerous free radicals. Initial research shows resveratrol helps defend the body against a number of diseases, including Alzheimer’s, heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
• Vitamin D – for when the sun isn’t as bright as it was during summer. Up to 90 percent of the vitamin D the body needs comes from sunlight, which is in much shorter supply after summer. Vitamin D is required for the regulation of the calcium and phosphorus in the body. It also plays an important role in maintaining proper bone structure and supporting immunity.