What is IPL Hair Removal?
Exhausted of your time consuming hair removal routine? Don’t hide away! There’s any easy way to battle unwanted hair.
If you have been fighting your own battle with unwanted hair and have wasted all your pennies on waxing treatments, shaving products and hair reducing creams than here’s a lasting smooth skin solution for you. Your shave slave days will come to an end just a few sessions after depending on your skin colour and hair growth of course. Our IPL Hair Removal Treatment is the closest cure there is to stopping hair growth. Hair initially will become finer and then almost invisible over a period of time leaving your happy and hair-free!
If you are planning some beach holidays and summer stripping in the coming months, this is a perfect treatment to accompany all your bikini and sarong shopping. Make 2014 the year of all over smooth finish that you always dreamt of.
IPL Hair Removal Benefits
- Comfort – Waxing, electrolysis, and even shaving can be cumbersome treatments, which lead to discomfort and skin irritation. IPL treatments are significantly more comfortable with no skin irritation. The IPL supports active cooling in the hand-pieces, which keeps the surface of the skin comfortable throughout the procedures.
- PERMANENT Hair Reduction – Based on the absorption of specific wavelengths of light energy which are transformed into heat below the surface of the skin, Intense Pulsed Light compromises the body’s ability to re-grow hair in the treated area. Permanent and long-lasting results!
- Fast and Convenient Treatments – The large surface area covered by the specialized IPL hand-pieces enables fast and effective treatments. With no post-treatment discomfort, it’s easy to receive treatments at lunch and then return to the office that afternoon.
How does it work?
IPL Permanent hair removal is a high energy, controlled pulse light, heat from which targets the pigmentation of the hair passing through the hair follicle and destroying it completely. This way hair growth is not reduced but hair growth is permanently stopped after a few treatments. Six to ten sessions are required in total as hair growth occurs in cycles and every IPL session will only treat active hairs so you will need more treatments until all hairs in different growth cycles are treated.
How is it different from Laser Hair Removal ?
IPL is a comparatively faster treatment known to target larger surface areas of the body and more suitable for those with lighter skin and soft hair type.
Laser is more suitable for those with darker skin and a coarse dense hair texture.
IPL can also improve your skin texture simultaneously encourage collagen production making skin firmer and younger looking in the long term whilst also giving your skin tissues a little workout so they work more efficiently.
Does it hurt?
Although pain threshold is completely dependent on clients, a moderate pricking sensation similar to that of tweezing or doing your eye brows is what you’ll feel during this permanent hair removal treatment.
Benefits of IPL hair removal treatment
- Quick and effective
- Suitable on larger areas of the body
- Destroys hair follicles
- Doesn’t damage surrounding areas
- No stubble or shadows
- The most advanced permanent hair removal
- Improves skins collagen level & elasticity
Added benefits of IPL Hair Removal
IPL Permanent Hair Removal on the other hand will also improve your skin texture simultaneously by encouraging collagen production, making skin firmer and younger looking in the long term whilst also giving your skin tissues a little workout so they work more efficiently. Hitting two birds with one stone – making it a perfect anti-ageing, skin toning and firming treatment as well.
Please note that depending on your hair type, hair colour and skin colour, you may require more than 6 sessions for effective results. Results will vary individually and total number of sessions required can only be advised by the therapist after consultation.